Saturday, February 2, 2008

Wales, Wales, Wales



Image by Peter Morgan/Mooganic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moogan/207174086/

What a shock! What a pleasure!

I only started watching the game 23 mins into the match. I had waited around for the hotel people to go to bed. They liked the football and we watched Man U stealing a point with seconds left.

Then I flicked the channels and saw the score -- England 16 Wales 3 and I thought oh no. Then the commentors said that England hadn't taken all their channels and I though 'OH MY GOD, NO!' but I haven't seen Wales play for ages and I wanted to see them.

I watched the rest of the first half and Wales managed, somehow to close the gap.

In the break, I ran down to 7/11 to get a beer in. Met some English boys, they suggested that I go to the Irish bar but I thought it'd be full of English and I wasn't confident about Wales. There was no reason at that time to have confidence in them. I kind of regret not going now but .....

Anyway, watched the second half, brilliant! We all know what happened!! Come on Wales! Play like that more

I'm happy

Chris

No comments: